This project aims to creating set of simple but powerful ASP.NET web controls for users who wish to use declarative programming approach. The main objectives of this project are:
- Simple controls automating common tasks and thus extending possibilities of declarative UI design.
- Maximum compatibility with ASP.NET standards and general infrastructure, such as membership, themes etc. Don't reinvent the wheel.
- The resulting XHTML code should be light, semantic and CSS-stylable.
I'm using similar set of controls for years privately. Now I'm cleaning the code up and releasing the controls for general public.
Install using NuGet
I recommend using NuGet
for installing this toolkit. Latest version is always available in the official NuGet feed. Package ID is
Documentation for the controls is being built incrementally, be patient, please.
- AutoModeFormView and
AutoModeDetailsView - modified FormView and DetailsView for master/detail scenarios.
- Can automatically change its mode between Insert and Edit, according to parameters it got.
- After performing desired operation, can redirect to given page.
- Can alter page title depending upon its mode.
- CookieStoreExtender - extender control for remembering textbox value in cookie
- DataPagerExtender - different approach to paging records in
IPageableItemContainer control such as ListView, including routing support
- DateLabel - modified Label for better displaying of date and time values.
- Different format strings for yesterday, today, tomorrow and
other dates for more user friendly approach.
- You can define a "null" date (DateTime.MinValue by default) and render special text for it, ie. "unspecified".
- DateTimeValidator - validator capable of validating date including time value (standard
CompareValidator can validate date only)
- EllipsisHyperLink and
EllipsisLabel - can shorten display text if is too long.
- Gravatar - support for Gravatar icons
- HierarchicalRepeater - generic universal templated hierarchical repeater control
- HostNameLabel - displays partially anonymized IP address or host name
- IconHyperLink - single control for displaying icon/text combo, with resource embedded 1000
- IconLinkButton - button control with resource embedded 1000
- IpAddressValidator - validation control used for validating entry of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
- MessageView - implementation of
Viewcontrol, used when displaying simple text messages
- NamingPanel - "empty control" (Panel implementing
INamingContainer), used for ClientIdMode=static scenarios
- PageTitle - used for setting page title declaratively, ie. from data binding
- Parameters - additional parameter sources for parametrized queries: UI culture, membership user name, membership provider key, better query string, HttpContext.Items
- ReCaptcha - server control for using the ReCaptcha service
- UsersDataSource and
RolesDataSource - for declarative approach to membership and roles
- UserNameValidator - can validate if entered text is/isn't existing user name